AV Field Service Engineer
Vega Europe are looking for an experienced AV Field Service Engineer to join our Service and Support Team.
Job Title: AV Fields Service Engineer
Salary / Package: Dependent on experience + benefits
Location: South East England
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
We are looking for an experienced AV Field Service Engineer who is able to provide both pro-active and re-active service and maintenance.
You will need to have in-depth knowledge of current Audio Visual and Video Conferencing technology, and have a strong customer focus with the ability to understand and support the needs of a range of clients. You should also be a pro-active team player who shares ideas and supports the wider team.
As a member of the technical service and support team, you will be responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, test, implementation and operation of all aspects of audio visual, video conference, display and presentation technologies.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Fault finding and fault resolution on AV Systems at customer sites
- Preventative maintenance to AV equipment at customer sites
- Repairs to equipment (if possible) or organisation for collection / delivery to our workshop
- Create detailed reports after service visits, communicating on identified faults, actions taken and remedial action required, in a clear and concise manner
- Provide readily available telephone support in answering technical questions for equipment and systems
- Ensure that the equipment serviced is safe for use and that the quality of work carried out is of the highest standard
- Liaise with other internal departments and clients
- Calibration and correct operation of test equipment
- Provide accurate and detailed paperwork and reports to management on time.
- Ensure all work is performed to Company and Industry standards and that quality techniques are practiced
- Provide a courteous, comprehensive and competent service for all clients and their representatives
- Comply with the Company’s safety manual, with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- Proactively recommend new methods and techniques to improve efficiency
- Perform any other actions and responsibilities as reasonably requested by company management
- Ensure mandatory compliance with information security policies, standards and procedures
- Assist with support for video / audio conferencing problems.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ practical experience in an Audio-Visual service role
- Have good technical knowledge of Audio Visual Systems with a technical background within the AV industry
- Have a good knowledge of Video Conferencing, Video technologies, Audio DSP’s and Crestron/AMX systems
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Capable of testing, fault-finding and maintaining AV systems
- Solid foundation in providing exceptional customer service and support in a fast-paced AV/VC environment
- Strong customer-focus and understanding of the sensitivities of working on a client’s site
- Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day
- Being able to prioritise and work under pressure is essential.
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy
- Ability to think laterally, finding an appropriate solution to fulfill an application
- Capable of good communication skills, both verbal and written, being able to communicate with company executives and clients
- Able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail ensuring that we complete our work thoroughly, never walking away from a problem
- Represents the Company in a professional and courteous manner
- Always presents a positive image to the customer and understands their needs
- Possess a current passport with at least 12 months’ validity
- Possess a full, clean driving licence
- Holding current industry or manufacturer certifications are an advantage.
Established and headquartered in Hong Kong in 1986, the Vega Global Group now employs over 700 personnel. Vega has regional offices globally, with the UK office heading up the European division. In three decades, the company has expanded into a leading global AV/VC/UC solutions provider with over 6,000 clients. The portfolio includes Acoustic Treatments, Audio/Visual, Digital Signage, Video conferencing and Workspace Management. A turnkey support and maintenance provider, Vega serves all sectors as well as fortune 500 and large multinational firms. The Vega Global Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Does it sound like a good fit for you? Submit your CV below.