Control System Programmer
Vega Europe are looking for an experienced Audio Visual Project Manager to join our fast-paced Operations Team. Does this sound like you? Read more details below:
Job Title: Control System Programmer
Salary / Package: £ per annum + benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Established and headquartered in Hong Kong in 1986, the Vega Global Group now employs over 600 personnel. Vega has regional offices globally, with the UK office heading up the European division. In three decades, the company has expanded into a leading global AV/VC/UC solutions provider with over 6,000 clients. The portfolio includes Audio Visual Systems, Digital Signage, Video Conferencing and Collaboration, Workspace Management and Software Development. A turnkey support and maintenance provider, Vega serves all sectors as well as fortune 500 and large multinational firms. The Vega Global Group is an equal opportunities employer.
The Control Systems Programmer will work within the Technical team based at the Crawley office, and will be responsible for creating and modifying audio visual control and computer programs by converting project requirements into code.
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with assigned Project Manager or Account Manager.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analysing requirements, using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Programs the AV control system by entering coded information.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by creating operating instructions and/or screen shots for manuals.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent technical knowledge of AV & VC equipment from all major brands
- Minimum 3 years of AV control system programming
- Crestron / AMX / Extron Certifications
- Good understanding of IT and networks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Infocomm CTS, CTS-D or CTS-I certification an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- An up-to-date understanding of the AV/VC/UC marketplace including products and trends
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Proactive and able to multitask
Established and headquartered in Hong Kong in 1986, the Vega Global Group now employs over 700 personnel. Vega has regional offices globally, with the UK office heading up the European division. In three decades, the company has expanded into a leading global AV/VC/UC solutions provider with over 6,000 clients. The portfolio includes Acoustic Treatments, Audio/Visual, Digital Signage, Video conferencing and Workspace Management. A turnkey support and maintenance provider, Vega serves all sectors as well as fortune 500 and large multinational firms. The Vega Global Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Does it sound like a good fit for you? fill in the form below.